The Head of Technical Services will be responsible for managing the provision of engineering support (2nd and 3rd level) and contract customer administration from customer order through to end of service life.
- Delivery of technical engineering support for professional solutions products
- Delivery of contracted engineering support levels from Level 1 to 3 as well on demand and warranty claims
- Ensure correct feedback regarding product quality to the design and factory teams.
- Proactive management of escalations to relevant factory of support issues via Chloe
- Repair centres / ASC are trained and supported technically
- All technical teams are trained including technical help desk
- Contract customers escalations are managed through to factory support taking the lead with technical investigations
- Lead product recall programmes
- Proactively design, develop and improve processes, systems and team performance to increase efficiency and customer satisfaction and to reflect changing customer/product/technology needs over time via KPIs, analyse divergence and take necessary actions
- Team development, skills training and succession planning.
- To act as senior escalation point within Sony for relevant service issues, being cognisant of the commercial sensitivity
- To be responsible for approval and sign off as per TOA
- To monitor KPI’s to ensure divergences are understood and any necessary actions are clearly understood and carried out
- To communicate to key stakeholders the key business KPI, actions and potential risks
Qualifications & Experience
- Experience in after sales service management
- Experience in influencing senior management
- Substantial experience in managing a technical and diverse workforce
- Substantial experience in a technical service environment
- Experience of customer contact and support escalation issues
- Proven ability to resolve complex management / support issues
- Good understanding and ability to communicate in English.